Two Novelties from BMW in 2013 2012-07-30 - BMW F 700 GS and BMW F 800 GS
In the Enduro Class of the brand BMW Motorrad are presented two new models: the BMW F700GS and the BMW F800GS
. Both models come up with some new features and improvements.The differences
The BMW F 700 GS appeals prospectively motorcyclists, who are fewer drive in the off-road sektor, but estimate a good Allrounder with a suitability for daily use. Furthermore, the 700 GS offers more power of 55 kW (75 hp) at 7,300 rpm and 4 hp more than their predecessor model F 650 GS with 77 Nm at 5,500 pm with a fewer fuel consumption and a shorter overall gear ratio.
A Novelty is the double disc brake and a steel frame in tubular construction, which integrated the engine as a load-bearing element. The rear frame consists of square steel tubing. Unchanged remains the aluminium double-sided swing arm and the wheels and tires.
The F 800 GS is usable in the offroad-, street- and tour-sector. It is a versatile enduro for all situations. The power amounts to 63 kW (85 hp) at 7,500 rpm with a maximum torque of 83 Nm at 5,750 rpm. At this new model you can deepen the landing gear by request in combination with a lower seat belt to achieve a lower seating position. This is available as ex works option or special accessory.
Furthermore, there is mounted a double disc brake at the front wheel such as the newest Generation of the BMW Motorrad two-channel ABS.The similarities
Both motorcycles are fitted with ABS, ASC (Automatic Stability Control) and optional with ESA, according to the principle of "security 360°".
The engine is a liquid-cooled four-valve twin-cylinder with an electronic fuel injection, a regulated catalytic converter and a six-speed gearbox. The spontaneous response behavior and the excellent power development are only some advantages of the new models.
Besides these changes was also used an additional connecting rod , which compensates the inertia forces in first and second order and reduces the vibration of the engine.
The Electronic Suspension Adjustment ESA is available as option ex works and the motorcyclist can choose between three different settings with a simple touch of a button. Depending on the route and the driving performance, there are the variants "Comfort", "Normal" or "Sport".
Also available as option ex works is the Automatic Stability Control ASC, which prevents the break-out of the rear wheel. That guarantees more safety while driving.
Novelties are also the improved switch units, that are better to handle because of the changed design. The cockpit is equipped with new dial faces, which are more visible and the digital display gives the driver more information about the fuel level and the coolant temperature.
The lighting is visually balanced by smoky gray turn signal lenses and a smoky gray glazing of the LED tail light.
A more striking appearance is given by new side trim sections and because of the new beak and front mudguard.
Furthermore, BMW Motorrad offers a bigger range of colors and lettering for both models. Now the revised BMW models of the F-series appear visually more mature and more concise.The new features at a glance:
- more power and torque of the BMW F 700 GS compared to the BMW F 650 GS:
F 700 GS: 55 kW (75 hp) at 7,300 rpm
F 650 GS: 52 kW [71 hp] at 7,000 rpm
- latest generation of the BMW Motorrad two-channel ABS as standard
- double disc brake system at front for both models
- Rear spring mount can be adjusted via optimized handwheel
- body features in new and striking design
- new color selection F 700 GS: Red apple metallic, Ostra grey metallic matt and Glacier silver metallic
- new color selection F 800 GS: Kalamata metallic matt, Cordoba blue and Alpine white 3
- new handlebar switch units and brake fluid containers, front
- new handlebar clamp for F 700 GS
- Cockpit with new dial faces and extended range of information
- new windshield for F 700 GS
- smoke grey turn indicators and smoke grey LED rear light glass covering
- LED auxiliary headlight for F 800 GS (special accessory)
- Enduro footrests, wide (special accessory)Option ex works:
- ASC (Automatic Stability Control)
- ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment)
- Lowered suspension for F 800 GS
- Power reduction to 35 kW (48 hp)
- Engine map adjustment for regular fuel (RON 91)
- Comfort seat
- Case carrier for Vario case
- new centre stand
- Safety package for F 800 GS: ASC and ESA
- Safety package for F 700 GS: ASC, ESA, RDC
- Comfort package: on-board computer, heated grips, case holder, centre stand
The differences of both models:BMW F 800 GS
Power: 63 kW/85 hp
Suspension: USD telescopic fork, Progressive damping spring strut
Wheels: Spoke wheels, 21-inch front wheel
Handlebar: Aluminium handlebar
Seat height: 880/850 mm
Weight, road ready, 214 kgBMW F 700 GS
Power: 55 kW/75 hp
Suspension: conventional telescopic fork, Gas pressure spring strut
Wheels: Cast wheels, 19-inch front wheel
Handlebar: Steel handlebar
Seat height: 820/790 mm
Weight, road ready, 209 kg ニュースに戻る